Monday, December 5, 2011

The Odyssey

Every week we are assigned to read more 'chapters' of The Odyssey. I have been reading them, without really reading it. I didn't read it with much effort and I wasn't seeming to get it, or really understand it. It didn't register through my brain so I figured I needed to re-read the books up until what we were assigned to read for this week. I am here to say, I really understand it now and really like the book! I make sure that I read it in a quiet space and somewhere where I can't be distracted! I have gotten to book 13, and am excited to get to 17!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Same here. Usually, when I'm reading, loud spaces don't irritate me but because I have to focus so much on the text, I find that a quieter space is the ideal space to read The Odyssey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky, Erin! I still haven't found a deep passion for the Odyssey. Maybe it'll come later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Kari (: I don't know if I would go as far as a passion...but I am really understanding and liking it a whole lot more!

    ReplyDelete