Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Odyssey Book 1.

This week we were to read book one of  The Odyssey. I personally didn't know what to expect from this book before I started reading it. In the beginning I found the text to be complicated and confusing, so I re-read it multiple times. As the story went on, it was easier for me to understand. However, I found that the active reading helped me remember what I was reading a lot better than if I just read the whole thing straight through. I'm not going to say if I like the book yet, because just reading book one doesn't give me a feel for what the whole book will be about, or if I like it. I can't wait to read more so I can understand more of what is happening!

3 comments:

  1. I empathize with your confusion. I, too, have never read the Odyssey before, and was very unsettled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are willing to give it a chance. It is definitely not any easy read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hadn't read it either and I had no idea what to expect...glad to know I wasn't the only one.(:

    ReplyDelete