Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CITR Chapters 7-12

This week we were asked to answer the following questions.


*If you were Holden, and you have just been kicked out of school, where would you go and why?
 If I am looking at Holden's situation and his record of schools that have already given him the "ax" I guess I would also try and stay away form my parents as long as possible as well. Since he lives in NYC, and it is such a big city, that he can just walk around and not have anybody notice who he is, it was a really smart choice for him. However, I don't live in a town with many people at all, so it really wouldn't be a good choice to come back to my town. In that case, I would most likely go to Chicago, because my face would be unknown there. Although, I would most likely not have a lot of money, so I would have to be very careful to not spend a lot while I am there.


* Free write about Jane's character and her importance to Holden.
From what I have read so far in The Catcher In The Rye, it seems to me that Holden, is somewhat in love with Jane. The way he talks about here with such detail, from the way he gets really jealous when he finds out that she is going on a date, with another guy. He is always thinking about her at least once per day. I think that from the way he talks about her, that Jane really understands Holden for who he is, and doesn't mind him


*Question 3
I personally don't think that people are always ruining things for you. To some degree, they can definitely ruin some things, but it is not always their fault. You can't always blame it on other people, because you have to realize that it can also be you who is ruining it for other people. I hope that makes sense for all of you (:
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment