Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CITR Q&A's

Q. What does it mean to be unique?
A. I think everybody has the general idea of unique. People usually say something like, "to be yourself." and "to stand out of the crowd." I agree with what they say, but I also think there is more to it. When I say more, I mean to not care what people think, to not give a second thought about something you are going to do, and to be proud of what you are doing. In a reference to CITR, I would say the most unique person in the story is the main character, Holden. I don't really know much about other characters since the author doesn't go into detail with them.


Q. How do we keep individuality in an adult world?
A. I would say, keeping individuality in the "adult" world, would be about the same as being unique. Apply the same things to your individuality as you being unique. I wouldn't say you have to try harder when you are an adult, because if you are really unique, you won't have a problem with adults or what they think of you. An example from CITR is how Holden wears his red hat. He wonders what others will think about him when they see him wearing it, but he still wears it anyways.


Q. How is Allie's character similar to your favorite person?
A. I'm sure a lot of people will be saying something similar to what I am going to right now, but I don't really have a favorite person. However, one of my favorite people is my brother, Evan. I would say that Allie and him are similar in a few ways. Although Allie dies and my brother is alive, Allie is described as a friendly boy. I would say Evan is friendly as well. Holden talks about Allie's baseball mit covered in poems written in green ink a few times through out these first through chapters and it shows that he is creative. Evan is creative as well. I remember when we were little he used to play with legos, lincon logs, and tinker toys everyday, building new creations, towns, and lego people. Although Evan doesn't play with these toys anymore, he still finds different ways to be creative, and builds lots of things out of materials I wouldn't even think could be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment