Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How Can I Relate to This Play?

When I first picked up this play, I had never heard of it and really had no clue what to expect. Before reading the first act, I read over the blog topic to keep it in the back of my head while I was reading it. Now I have finished this act and haven't found too much to relate to other than the character Tillie. Tillie stands out from the crowd and is not afraid to do things that other people wouldn't so they would "fit it" with their friends and society. There have been times where I may have decided differently than most people, but when I firmly believe in something, I won't let other peoples opinions get to me. I feel that Tillie is the same way. This girl truely loves science and people try to stop her but she doesn't let them get to her. Tillie is strong and firmly believes in her science project.

1 comment:

  1. I found it hard to fit in with the play too--the characters just had horrible lives! However, I found that Tillie WAS the easiest to relate to as well.

    ReplyDelete